Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Pre-Departure Pep

Hey guys!

I'm going to be a junior at New York University and will be studying at the international NYU campus in London this upcoming fall semester! This blog will cover the 4 Ls of London: Lunching, Lounging, Looking and Living. In the past couple months, London has been all I can talk about. Not only is it a great conversation starter but many have told me on numerous occasions: "You'll have a great time in London...and I'm sure you won't have much trouble adjusting since London is very similar to NYC for the most part." Well, let's see just how true that holds to be...

This blog is meant to show what it's like to live in London from a New Yorker's P.O.V. As most NYU students know, it's not easy to live on a college student budget in the city. But it's going to be even harder to manage money in London where 100 dollars is only worth 60 pounds (talk about a rip-off!). I've worked hard this summer for 13 weeks (with 1 to go) at my finance internship and found that I have not only gained some very valuable work experience, but also made a nice chunk of money to make the most of my study abroad experience this fall. But as everyone in finance knows, money should be spent wisely...with a little splurging every now and then. Where better to do it?


NYU in London's Academic Center in Bedford Square seems absolutely stunning at night, doesn't it?

So keep checking back to read about and see pictures from my experiences in London and other English and European cities this upcoming fall. I'll keep you guys posted on the food, nightlife, trendy looks and other odds and ends there. Ta-ta for now!

5 comments:

  1. sounds gooood........ cant wait to read

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Trev! Hopefully it'll keep you up to date with everything, even though we'll be Skyping/Gmailing from there anyways :)

    ReplyDelete